The Crown Inn Ganges HillFiveheadSomerset TA3 6PQTel: 01460 281919 Email
Click HERE for map
Sunday Night Quiz
Chance to win a Cash Prize
5 questions in 5 mins!
The quiz starts at 8:30pm every Sunday.
CLICK for more details
The Crown Inn Opening Times
Open lunchtime & evenings every day except Mondays. Click
for Opening Hours.
Why not advertise your business here? Please ring Steve on 01460 281919
Each box of Devon pinks is packed by hand, and includes a hand-written card with your own message. ALso gifts including gift pens, pill boxes, mirrors and vases for the fresh Devon flowers, grown in the heart of the UK countryside!
Tips - Caring for your flowers once they are delivered
Placing your flowers in vase half to two thirds full with lukewarm water, will help closed buds to start opening.
- Be careful when un-wrapping a hand-tied bouquet as it is delivered in a water bubble to keep the flowers fresh.
- Arranging your flowers in cold water should be avoided as this can reduce the their life in the vase.
- Avoid puting flowers in metal or aluminium containers - glass is ideal. Keep your flowers in a cool location, away from draughts, direct heat or sunlight. Arrange once unwrapped
- Your flowers may take up to 24 hours after being placed in water to reach their full potential.
- Strip off all excess foliage and leaves below the water level to reduce any harmful bacteria within the water.
- Bacteria can block the stem and stop the flowers taking up the water.unwrap. Flowers like their stems trimmed. So, trim them, at an angle with a knife (rather than scissors) by an inch or so. When trimming stems, always cut at an angle of roughly 45degrees; this increases the surface area allowing your flowers to absorb more water.
- If a Rose starts to droop at the head, re-cut the stem, wrap the head in paper to support it upright and plunge 5cms of the stem into boiling water for about 30seconds. Cut the stem again and place in deep cold water for two hours.trim
Most orders are accompanied by a sachet of cut flower food which will encourage buds to open and help to prolong the life and beauty of your flowers. Top up regularly with water and flower food, removing any fading flowers. Ensure the floristry foam used in arrangements is moist and topped up daily; this helps to prolong the life and vibrancy of your arrangements.